Naturopathic doctors can order blood work, urine analysis, hair analysis, genome testing and salivary testing.
The following is a partial list of some of the tests available through our clinic:
• Standard blood tests – CBC, TSH, ferritin, liver panel, kidney panel, cholesterol panel, etc.
• Food sensitivity testing – blood tests either via blood draw or finger prick. Tests your blood reactivity to a set number of foods to detect if you have any food sensitivities.
• Salivary testing – can assess female, male and stress hormone levels
• Urine testing – recent exposure to toxic metals
• CDSA – stool analysis to determine if you have parasites and if you are digesting your food properly
Laboratories most commonly used to conduct our tests are:
• Life Labs
• Rocky Mountain Analytical
• Doctor’s Data
Note that none of the above testing is covered by OHIP. For those patients with extended health insurance coverage for naturopathic services, laboratory testing may be covered. Check with your insurance provider for details.
Naturopathic doctors can not order CT scans, MRI’s or ultrasound testing, but we do review with you any reports generated from said testing. We therefore ask our patient’s consent in acquiring copies of past reports and being copied on subsequent scheduled testing through your MD.
London West Health Centre390 Commissioners Rd. W.
Suite 103, London ON N6J 1Y3
Wed: 8am-12pm and 2pm-5pm
Thurs: 9:30am-12pm and 2pm-7pm